Monday, August 19, 2013

How Did This Happen? Life is Speeding Up!

When I first started writing again 5 or 6 years ago, I wrote every week...sometimes more.  I wrote about things I was feeling, experiencing, or simply thinking.  But, I wrote.  When I was looking for my next career after I left the military, I wrote even more.  I channeled my time and energies to ensure I remained sane.  Writing was my therapy.  And now?

It seems that I stay so busy these days that to sneak a few moments to write is stealing from something else needing to be done.  How did life become so busy that I forgot to record events, feelings, and dare I say, happiness?!

I do believe that is simply what has happened!  Family events, work events, and life events simply have taken up the empty spaces in time.  Yet, I must try harder to remember what got me through those times when things weren't so good.  Writing was easy when life was hard.  Now, writing seems to be hard now that life is easy.  I need to accept this challenge and return to the pages, document this happiness, and reflect on the journey.

I shall do better!  Life deserves documenting and life is indeed good.

No comments:

Post a Comment