Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Tough Being the New Kid on the Block

Have you ever changed schools, job, or neighborhood?  If so, you know the feeling I speak of when I say you have to break into the inner circle.  Friendships are already formed and routines are established and you have to be quiet, patient, and observant to gain acceptance.

I continue to learn the nuances of my new career, the actions required of me every day, and the balance of being able to do it all simultaneously.  Or that's the way it seems to feel at times right now.  I know it will take time and to give myself patience, but it seems too daunting at times.  Give me about five years and I'll read this and fondly remember the struggles and chuckle.  That's what I know will happen.

The people have been nothing less than amazing and they are slowly becoming more than just teammates, they are becoming friends.  I can see myself with this company for the remainder of my working years.  Yet, it will be some time before I'm including in the "remember when" moments...yet, that is ok.  I'm enjoying the journey.

I'm enjoying the new relationships forming and the challenge that comes with learning each day.  I'm enjoying bringing a positive attitude and my military work ethic every day.  There was a reason they chose me for this position and God brought it to my doorstep.  I just need to keep reminding myself on those days when I feel lost that I can do this and I will do this...patience is something I've become best friends with this past year, so we can do this together.

So, if you're in the same situation or get into one in your future...enjoy the journey, we've all been there and the memories can't be made without living through the moments of life.  As I say with most things...it really is this simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment