Thursday, June 7, 2012

Snowball Effect Gotten You?

Have you ever started off your day or week on a really positive high and then the world starts falling down around you?  When the first thing happened, did it just seem to continue non-stop?  This has seemed to be my week.

The first half of the week went great and then a single event started the avalanche.  Why were all these things happening when things were lined up and going so well?  They say to only control what you can and let go of the rest, but it's just not that easy at times.  I understand and am living that this week.  Yet, we must and I shall too.

Sometimes a hard day or week can be overcome by perspective and attitude.  Human nature is a tough beast to alter, but the effort lifts not only you, but those around you as well.  If you drag them down, they can't lift you up.  This is my lesson for the week.
When you take the snowballs and break them down, they are only snowflakes and easily melted.  I've started doing that this afternoon.  There are parts of this week outside my control and I let them affect who I am and that is not a good thing.  That drags you down and that is not where we want to be.

So, when the snowballs start to launch in your direction, duck and cover!  Each storm has an ending and a new day comes along for the recovery.  I'm not saying I'm ready to get back into the fight, but when I do, I'll have plenty of snowballs piled up to arm myself with.

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment